Thursday, September 20, 2012

2 Little Skiers

An handsome fellow stood in my doorway.

 Shorter than me but handsome nonetheless.

He'd knocked and I'd opened the door knowing a man would be there, and there to talk to me about the prospect of skiing together. Only, I've never skiied before in my life. No matter, he was there to teach me, apparently. He spun a good spiel but I just couldn't convince myself to step out the door and go with him. I closed the door in his face and felt a bit bad to be honest.

No sooner had I done that when he knocked again. And I opened the door again, only it wasn't him this time -but someone bearing more than a slight  resemblance to him. He also gave me the skiing spiel and this time I took it up. I stepped out the door into snow and away down the hill we swiftly sped. Such fun. I'm sure I was grinning between my ears.

But all was not well when we reached the top again; he'd spotted another girl in the crowd and with a fleeting flash of a sheepish smile, melted into the crowd and was never seen again. Stoopid, stoopid devastated me.


No comments:

Post a Comment