Thursday, September 20, 2012

2 Black Dogs

I was hiking down a hillside passing to the right of a sizable boulder which had a shrub clinging ruggedly to it, NB was following behind and passed to the left of the boulder.

Then I heard a pack of dogs closing in. I did what one does in scary situations. I sat down on the ground and reclined in to the hill whilst placing a brown knitted blanket across my knees -to protect them from the coming onslaught. The onslaught never came quite as an onslaught, but two nasty-looking black dogs bounded up and leaped at my face, before realising that NB was on the other side of the boulder and rounding him up.

They shunted him into their immaculate green yard where there were line dancers caked head to toe in mud... He must've got the steps wrong or something because it wasn't long before they were slow motion, zombie-like, closing in on him. Of course he found it exceedingly easy to extricate himself from such slow moving foes.

Meanwhile I'd only made it as far as the front porch where AL was hiring out massive folders of DVDs for only $16 and ten cents. I joined my thumbs and fingers together then whispered to indicate that I had no money on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment